Thursday, March 5, 2009

News from the Merfelds

A word from the belly :) Pyper: I have decided that I am not ready to come out and meet the world yet. However her mother disagrees and says that it is time.
Anyhow as we wait and see when she will grace us with her presence, Her Daddy went back to work on Monday and will be there until the 2nd week in May when John Deere pretty much shuts down until August which works out great with planting and baling seasons.
We are planning on going 4wheeling around the farm this weekend and see if we can get labor started:) other then that there is no new news here at the Merfelds. Jesse will be taking our lap top to the hospital with us so we will post soon after she is born.

Lots of love to everyone

Carissa

4 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

I am so excited to hear the update from the belly! Great news for Jesse & the work situation! And Carissa, I think I heard fresh pineapple can help bring on labor... wasn't that what you said Brenda???

It's supposed to be seriously rainy... i.e. muddy... this weekend. So have a ball... and then maybe a baby!

Love you both! XO,
me

Julie said...

We are thinking of you both as you anxiously await the birth of your 1st bundle of love. I have only one hint to get you through the wait. Listen to alot of music. Ashlynn listened to music in the car and I know she relaxes to music today because of it. Music will calm you and your baby now and later when she is fighting sleep. Have a great weekend and who knows it may thunder and shake out a baby. Love, Aunt Julie

Brenda said...

Carissa I can feel your readiness! I too was ready before Ashlynn was. I tried everything including pineapple, spicy food, walking A TON, even going over railroad tracks...however, Nothing helped. The only thing that helped was realxing and enjoying the last few weeks before she arrives. She will be here before you know it! :)We were so antsy I can't count the number of times Brian and I walked into Ashlynn's nursery and just smiled knowing that SOON she would be laying in that crib, using that box of diapers, and playing with all her fun toys.

We are so excited for you guys. May you have a smooth delivery. Can't wait to see pictures!

~kelly :) said...

Hi Carissa!
I've been thinking about you everyday and praying that you are taking it easy because you should :) No doubt Jesse is waiting on you hand and foot because HE should :) :) :)

I won't be mad if you have Pyper on our Anniversary, March 16th! Of course, a St. Patty's Day birthday would be divine as well!! No matter the day, it will be one of the very best days of your life. I remember having Nicholas, and sitting and holding him and thinking, "Wow! I have joined the Mother Club!!" I don't know if there was a REAL club for that, but *I* was in my element holding him. No doubt you and Jesse will be FABULOUS parents!!

love you both, Aunt Kelly