Monday, March 16, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Greetings everyone:)

I just wanted to wish a VERY Happy 24th Anniversary to the best husband I've ever had....VINCE!!! And of course, in true Reindl fashion, the day is nothing but extraordinary. Oh sure, at first it started out all calm and nice...and soon the afternoon rolled in and along with that, the excitement of Joey slamming his thumb in the car door! His spring concert is tonight and he has been excited for TWO WHOLE MONTHS about getting to sing to his parents for the concert. Ironically, his solo part (and I am NOT lying about this) goes like this: "On my way to school, heading out the door, heard my kid sister let out a roar! Hollered at me, said I was dumb, I closed the door right on her thumb! Hey, hey, come what may...I'm not gonna let that ruin my day. No sir, no way, I'm not gonna let that ruin my day!"

Gosh, how could you even try to write that story!!! Needless to say, he is not in any shape for the school concert tonight.

And now, I am waiting for my wonderful husband to come home...right after Josh gets into Madison to help him get his car started! That's right! He left the car lights on and the car died at work. THEN, someone was helping him jump the car and as soon as there was enough juice in it, the automatic lock decided to work and locked the car doors...with Vince's keys in the ignition!!

So, join with me here..."Hey, hey, come what may...I'm not gonna let that ruin my day. No sir, no way, I've had 24 years of excitement that's all I can say :) "

love to you all, ~kelly :)

8 endearing comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Aunt Kelly-

you know how to make any situation light-hearted! Congratulations on 24 years of happiness and still counting! And Joey- Good luck in your concert tonight hopefully that thumb feels better! I hope you kicked the car door to get even!

Love you guys!

Julie said...

Well I must say you really know how to party. My wish for you is that your semi-favorite holiday St. Patricks Day is better than today and that all the celebration tomorrow brings makes up for todays not so happy surprises.

Dawn Doucette said...

Happy Day-After Your Anniversary Day! ♣

I hope today everybody in your family has much better luck. How's Joey doing today? I can only imagine the pain.... my poor birthday buddy!

Maybe he'll find a little leprechaun today to put a smile on his face!

Lots of love to all!
XO,
me

~kelly :) said...

Thanks for the kind wishes, you Doucette (and Storey!) girls!! Joey is doing MUCH better today although he now has a great appreciation for people without thumb use, he said!! He has a big gauze bandage on it and he was fine with going to school today...mostly because he gets out of playing clarinet!! However, he still has piano tonight after school and I explained he can work on his RIGHT hand stuff at least :) And this was Joey :(

And hey, Josh was home for spring break, in case you were wondering why in the heck HE was driving keys to his dad since he lives in Milwaukee!!

The night was still salvagable, with Glass Nickel Pizza (Vince got the Fetalicious and the kids had Pepperoni and Sausage. I ate whatever I felt like :)

Today will be another nice day, as we ALWAYS celebrate both the 16th and 17th! I have my shamrock shoes on (white Keds that have seriously, four leaf clovers all over them!) which embarrasses Meaghan to NO end. You should have seen her the day I wore them while I subbed at high school and she was a junior!! lolololololol

It'll be corned beef and cabbage tonight, complete with potatoes, carrots, Irish potato bread, Rye bread, this VERY green cole slaw from the Sentry deli, Irish Creme coffee and an Andes Mint Pie...mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm. I cannot tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE being Irish. I know my Gramma always smiles down on me EXTRA today...

xo, ~kelly

Dawn Doucette said...

I did wonder why Josh was going from Milwaukee all the way to Madison... BUT - I know what a stand up son he is and he'd do anything for his dear sweet mom & dad.

So why question that, right? :)

Love you lots!

Julie said...

You really know how to put a big I rish smile on anyones face!. I'm glad Joey is feeling better and has a story like no other to share for the rest of his life, and for that matter so do you. Amy was adventerous and made corn beef and cabbage and poataoes for work today. No word on how it went but she must have learned from Aunt Kelly how to share the luck of the Irish. Isn't it fun to have such awesome weather for such a great day. Enjoy and may the luck of the irish be with everyone today. Love ya, Julie

Amy said...

My corned beef and cabbage turned about amazing. I put some red potatoes in with it too. Yum Yum! Greg didn't appreciate the smell in the house this morning, but we left the window open all day, and now it smells like fresh air!

~kelly :) said...

OH yeah, Amy, that SMELL!! I had the corned beef cooking for a pretty decent time in the afternoon. I left to go finish up a route, and when I got back at 5:30pm, I drove in and I could already smell it before I got out of my van! Oh my gosh, I said outloud (to MYself!) "Now I've done it! This house smells like REALLY OLD, OLD, OLD people live in it!!"

Still, the taste WAY outweighs the smell, so we put up with every year:) I'm PROUD of you for making that for everyone at work! It's important that we get out and show our Irish-ness!!!

Or, our Irish-MESS, depending on how the meal turns out!! :)

lots of love,
~kelly