Thursday, March 19, 2009

Koda; Joey's BEST Friend :)











Hello everyone!




I just wanted to give you an update on Koda. (a.k.a my best friend.) First of all, he has dug 4 holes in our backyard. I'm not kidding, it looks like if he dug a little more, we could go to China! Also, he has grown much larger than he used to be. He's got muscle EVERYWHERE! He weighs about 50lbs. He loves to give us smiles when he's in his kennel. He pushes his nose up against the metal and then his lips push up and you see his teeth. He is such a fun and energetic dog to have around. I will always love my dog!
In other news... I smashed my thumb in the car door. Not a fun experience. I know my mom already told you this story so I won't waste you're time telling you again. In other, other news... My Destination ImagiNation tournament went well. First of all I'll explain to you what DI is. You plan a basic skit that you have planned and ready. After you practice for so long, it comes the tournament that everyone gets to go to. There, you go to a small room called StuDIo Time. You are in that room for 30 minutes. In that room, your team coach will be in there with you, but he/she cannot talk. And then there is a person in StuDIo who is our timekeeper. She keeps track of our 30 minutes. There, we get 3 film genres, a sleuth, and a superstition. That's when you have to improvise. You have to plan your skit, which has to have all the stuff they gave you.
And then you go to a room where your family gets to watch. There they give you a surprise, and you then have one minute to incorporate that in the skit. We got 3rd place, and only 1st and 2nd make it to state. But I was still happy.
Love,
~Joey~

4 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Joey, Thanks for sharing your pictures and story. WOW has Koda grown. I had never heard of DI before thanks for the explanation. I think it is great to hear how challenges can be fun. It makes me remember all over the fun things I did with my kids in school. Happy Spring and have fun with Koda. Love, Aunt Julie

Meaghan said...

Hey Joey,
I think after today we may have more than just 4 holes in the backyard. Your best friend has been outside for hours, refusing to come in when I open the door for him lol. Oh well, I guess it prolongs me having to clean up his muddy paws when he finally decides he's done digging to China for the day. Love You!

~kelly :) said...

Dear Joey,

I am always so impressed when you jump on here and blog :) I am quite jealous because I have not learned how to scan pictures to the blog and YOU have. I probably need you to teach me that!!!

Loved your comments about Koda and I am proud of you and your team in placing third for your first year!

Lots of love to you,

~kelly

Dawn Doucette said...

Hi Joey! I can't believe how big Koda has gotten... last I saw a picture he was an itty bitty ball of fluff! You must be feeding him some good food!

Did you vote in the poll this time around?

I love to hear about what you are doing in school. You are such a creative little Mr. It sounds like you and your team are alot of fun! I wish I could hang out with you guys!

Love you lots!

Dawn