Monday, February 16, 2009

Good evening all. I haven't heard from Mom or Dad since my last post but I assume that they are relaxing in Florida and laughing about our impending snow. I also wanted to share some Doucette news. Should you be watching the news in the next few days and see the send off for our 3500 National Guard troops you may see Ed's brother Paul. He will deploy with his men on Feb. 25th to Fort Bliss, Texas and then off to Iraq if plans stay the same as today. They are having a send off tomorrow Feb. 17th in Madison. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and all our troops.
Well, if anyone has heard from Mom or Dad drop a post to anything new. Thanks, Julie

2 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

I cannot tell you how proud I feel about people so willing to give of themselves for our country. I ALMOST joined the Army long before I knew all of you, and if it weren't for my grenade phobia, I think I would have!! (That is quite a story! I'll save it for my novel :) Anyway, I will send positive thoughts to Paul and I have to admit, when I sub at the high school and we say the pledge of allegience, the older I get, the more it means. When I see some of the kids just sitting in their seats, (they are not required to stand up anymore) it does bother me because I don't think they truly understand what our military does for us. I always thank the ones that stand...and then it's a bit quiet, and I don't care if they think I'm a wierdo. I am GRATEFUL...that's all.

I am not saying I am pro-war, but I AM pro service people that lay their lives on the line for me...how can't you appreciate someone like that?

til next time,

~kelly :)

JenniLynn said...

My prayers will be with Paul and his crew for their success and that they all return home safely. Then for the adjustment that comes after that, trying to return to "civilian" life.

I have a great admiration and appreciation for those who serve our country in the armed forces. Whenever I hear or sing The Star Spangled Banner, my heart is in my throat and I am filled with emotion. I can't believe people think sitting is acceptable during our national anthem or the Pledge of Allegiance. However, there are a lot of things I can't believe are acceptable that if I voiced my opinion, most of society would think me rude.

War is, unfortunately, necessary and if we are to remain strong, we need to be prepared to fight anyone, anytime. I salute those that defend our country and allow me the freedoms I sometimes take for granted.

On the Mom and Dad note, I haven't heard from them either. What are those two up to. You know they'll have stories when they get home. Whoever gets to hear one, please blog it. They're always so interesting.

Love and God Bless,
R