Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Wishful Superhero Power!!!

So, if I could have any superhero power it would definitely be........
being able to be at more than one place at a time (if you know what that's called let me know, would you)
As, a busy business woman, I'd love to be able to do multiple things at the same time. I'm sure any one of you mothers can totally related as well. :)

So, for a little update for you all, since I've got a few minutes....
I recently started my new job at Jung Seed Co. back in the shipping department, checking orders. As you may remember I worked at the Jung Garden Center in Sun Prairie for almost 4 years, and left because of the lack of hours and pay. So, when the photographer, that I was working for over the summer, let me go for the winter, I called up to the Jung main office to see what they had for openings, knowing that the Randolph location would be starting to get busy with catalog/online orders and shipping. When I called Jung's I had already been unemployed for 6 weeks, and was starting to get nervous and seeing the bills climb up farther, and father. When the HR person, Gloria, said that she'd call me if anything came up, I just said ok, and didn't expect much. But, that was Friday. On Tuesday Gloria called and told me about a position open and said that I could start the next day. :| I was a little excited.
Now while this is all going on, Katie had a friend that works for The ARC (An agency "Serving Citizens With Developmental And Related Disabilities"), and has been trying to recruit me on as a staff member. I would mainly be a caregiver for three mentally disabled adults who are also in wheel chairs. Not, as hard as it sounds, I mean considering I'm pretty used to caring for six kids :) The disadvantage of this job would be that I would be a "floater". So, I would be covering any vacation hours and sick days and so on, and not have any set hours. So, now I had a choice to make.
Well, I started at Jung's since the hours were set and pay was better than the ARC. I work M-F 7am-3:30 pm (no weekends, YEAH). Which works out wonderfully since I can then schedule any photo shoots after 4 pm during the week and I have my weekends to myself.

Other than that, life is the same old, same old. I've been getting a few more calls about photo shoots so, that's exciting, and I've got a little more time to volunteer at church with the youth groups, too. Emily and I went to Green Lake a couple of weekends ago with about 50 other middle-schoolers, from 6 different churches in the Sun Prairie area. We had a wonderful time getting to know other Christians and not just Catholics, which was something we both needed.
So, with the God's grace and blessings, 2009 is off to a good start for me, and I pray that it continues to be. Thank you for all your encouragement, and support. God knows how we all need family like we've got.

God Bless,
MaryBeth

1 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

Best of luck to you Marybeth! It's scary to see those bills piling up and not knowing how they're going to get paid. But God does provide, doesn't he?

The Green Lake trip sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to hear more. It is always great to be around believers and to see Christ from others' perspectives.

Also, the being 2 places at once - GREAT superpower. I am all for that one!

Thanks for the update.