Friday, January 23, 2009

Morning Chuckle

Good Morning Again! Well I have a great Ed story. He is his usual excited nervous and fidgety self as he leaves this morning. I get a call from Greg about the time they are to board the plane. I hear the sound of Greg's voice and he sounds like he has either been running or bursting with laughter. He tells me he has a funny story. He starts the story by telling me that they called for pre boarding (remember I know nothing about flying) and went through who was to board first. Ed has been up since 2:00am because he couldn't sleep and didn't listen to anything except "boarding now" and handed his boarding pass to the attendant. Greg said he thought it was boarding for "special needs" but thought maybe he misunderstood. Well they let Ed through so Greg handed them his boarding pass and they told him it was boarding for "special needs" first. He told them he was with Ed so they let him through. By now Greg is chuckling about his "special needs" Dad. He called from his seat on the plane and it starting his weekend off great with his Dad. I had given him instructions before he left this morning to take care of his Dad because I know how nervous he gets and that makes for a confused and forgetful Ed. So if you need a mental picture to make you smile just think of Ed and Greg walking the boarding ramp with "special needs" flashing overhead. Just to make sure you don't think I'm picking on Ed I would have done the same thing only I would probably have tripped too. Have a Great Day All! Julie

2 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

Thanks for the laugh! Had I not worked in the airline industry, I probably would do the same thing. I know they will have a WONDERFUL time in Vegas. I can't wait 'til they blog about it when they get home.
Love,
R

~kelly :) said...

I enjoyed your Ed story so much...I haven't even figured out a way to RESPOND to it!!!!!!! I was having a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, AWFULLY TERRIBLE week last week, and truly, that little story just made my day!! I think of that Arby's commercial, where the people have those little bubbles over their heads with the Arby's hat logo inside of it. Then I think of Ed and Greg walking down the thing with that same bubble over their heads, with the Special Needs logo, and I just have to laugh out loud every time!

Might I mention, however, I am NOT making fun of anyone with special needs...I consider myself one of them!!!

thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see a few pictures on here!! I love this blog!!

xo, ~kelly