Friday, January 9, 2009

What to do w/ used Christmas Cards...

Just wanted to give everybody a thought... I was cleaning up some Christmas decor and the cards were sitting on the table. It reminded me of an article I saw a few weeks before Christmas. Rather than tossing out those used Christmas cards, you can send them down to St. Judes.

Here's a link with all the info:
http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

The kids use the fronts of the cards, attach new backs and sell them to people for donations toward the hospital!

I know, nothing will compare with the video Christmas Card from Uncle Vince, but this does go to a great cause. :)

Have a terrific night all!
XO,
Dawn

3 endearing comments:

Brenda said...

Dawb you are a fountain of misc knowledge! I am definately going to do that with the Christmas/Birthday cards we have recieved over the past couple months. I was cleaning and almost tossed them in the garbage but I felt bad because people spent money on them and I just couldn't part yet! So I have a nice stack still sitting on the kitchen table that I will put in a bubble envelope and send away. Thanks again for the info!

~kelly :) said...

Hi Dawn!

I hadn't heard about the St. Jude's thing but that sure is a great idea. I've been using the Christmas cards we have received (of course, not those with cute family photos on the front!) and been making them into Christmas gift tags. Any of them that have cardinals always seem to go on Grandma Reindl's gifts, kid ones always seem to go to the little ones, and the sleigh ride ones seem to go to my Mom and Dad. (They've always thought that looked like a great idea, but it's too cold for my mom to go.) I always have fun matching them up with people for the next year! However, I am WAY ahead of the game so it will be nice to have a new place to send them! I usually cut them out in a fun design, paper punch a hole in the top and then use some curling ribbon to attach them to the bag or gift. Interestingly enough, my dad always enjoys seeing which ones I chose for he and my step-mom every year and have started to do the same thing! lololol Anyway, thanks for the fabulous idea!!!! love to you all,

Dawn Doucette said...

Brenda - I'm going to send a bunch too. Bring them to mom's on Monday w/ Ashlynn and I'll ship them with mine. No need to spend double the postage! :)

Love you!

Dearest Aunt Kelly... now you shouldn't use the left over Halloween cards for your step mom... LOL - JUST KIDDING!!!

I love your creativity too! Recycling is incredible no matter how you utilize those beautiful cards. We'll get as many uses out of them as we can and it'll save some trees, and our planet at the same time!

Love it! Have a wonderful night all! XOXOXO,
me