Thursday, January 1, 2009

Celebrate Good Times... C'mon!



Happy New Year Everybody! I hope you all had a safe and wonderful celebration to ring in 2009! We've "re-decorated" our family blog to keep it fun and exciting! We also added a new poll over to the right! I hope you find it fun & amusing.

Chris & I stayed in for New Year's eve... It was fun to watch the crazy people freezing their rumps off at the annual Rockin' celebration in Times Square while we sat home toasty in front of our fire. We had Lasagna, wine, and a Triple Layer Brownie Dessert I whipped up. Tonight will be the rest of our special meal (yes, I didn't get started early enough yesterday). So our fancy dinner tonight is an incredible stuffed beef roast. Stuffed w/ a carrot/celery/bacon stuffing... Neither recipe belongs in our fitness blog!!!!! LOL :)

Here's some pics of the scrumptious eats... the roast is in the oven now (my kitchen smells amazing, Thanks to Anna & Keith for the excellent meat) and the dessert was soooooo easy! Let me know if they wet your appetite!

Happy New Year to All! Love you much!

Dawn


P.S. Check out my jewelry blog for a special piece of jewelry I made last night too! :)

P.P.S. Here's the completed New Year's Dinner!

5 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Dawn,

Well, loved your post! Had to notice, though, that there were NO vegetables on your plate! Girl, what's up with that?! Don't tell me that they were in the stuffing of the beef roast because here's what I know...when you combine them with bacon...they don't count:) !! I also enjoyed that the beef roast is on a plate that has animal paw prints on it. Um, I don't like to be reminded where my meat comes from, so I probably would have put it on the pretty flowery plate instead :)

Seriously, though, it looked absolutely wonderful!! And your blog made me feel like I was almost celebrating WITH you!! Thanks, thanks, THANKS for sharing!!

lots of love and good wishes for the New Year,
~aunt kelly

Julie said...

You guys really know how to make someone smile. I am not sure who made me chuckle harder Dawn or Kelly, but Brenda and I both commented on how much we laughed at the post and comment. Julie

Dawn Doucette said...

Aunt Flo... now don't be 'dissin' my Potatoes... last I checked, they were not only A vegetable... but THE vegetable of choice. LOL

I love how observant you are... the platter is from my dear friend Angela, a petlane pet consultant. It says "My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am!"... isn't that great?

We were celebrating with you... you mean you weren't celebrating with us... :( Oh well, 2010 we'll have to try this again!

Love you lots!

Dawn - still the goofy little Christmas elf

~kelly :) said...

Dear Dawn,

Gosh, you are right...the potato is THE greatest vegetable! What was I thinking??!!! I was looking for some broccoli with cheese sauce (hate broccoli but love the sauce!) or perhaps some sauteed mushrooms or, maybe asparagus with hollandaise sauce. (As you can see, I am not a vegetable fan so they ALL must come with SOME sauce or SOMETHING to make them taste better! Which MIGHT explain why I have to lay down now to zip up my pants!!

love,
~aunt flo

Dawn Doucette said...

Okay... so you want to hear the really funny part. I had actually bought mushrooms to saute and use on the roast (to make it more like steak)...

BUT...

As the mind should have it, I forgot to make them. So we were cleaning up dinner and putting away the leftovers when I saw the mushrooms still sitting on the shelf in the fridge.

Poor little fungi... left out in the cold again.

No worries, I'm eating my veggies tonight. Using the rest of the carrots & celery, I have a Beef Shepherd's Pie baking in the oven as we speak. Same food, different consistency. LOL

Love you lots!

XO